Saturday, January 30, 2010

On a sunny Saturday morning

I woke up this morning and was surprised by a white landscape. Growing up in Portugal we never had it, so it's always fun and exciting when you peek out the window in the morning and everything is covered in snow!

I decided that it was too dangerous to go out on the bike and too beautiful to drive so I decided to bundle up my daughter in the buggy and walk to the supermarket. It's easier said than done! The snow on the ground made it hard to push the buggy and I was all over the place, trying to walk on a slippery road. It was quite a workout!

What a great day to be out and about! The air was crisp, the sky was blue and the temperature not too cold. After running some errands and getting the groceries we walked home through the park.


  
I had brought with me some bread and we went over to feed the ducks. We are clearly not the only ones doing it, these ducks hang out here the whole day and as soon as they see someone coming, the run over to see if you have food. I find it a little creepy sometimes, a little too "The Birds" for my taste but M. thinks it's hilarious.

Once the bread was gone, we made our way back as it was almost time for lunch! Maybe we'll go out again in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Drop me a line using the form below. Thanks!